Friday, June 3, 2011

FInal Countdown

We packed our 500 square foot apartment into a 5x7 mini storage.  Walking back into a cold empty apartment was the first realization that the move is only days away.  Within 5 months we had the time of our lives and came to some hard truths about what its like to live in Manhattan which I will get to later.  Saying I will see you soon to friends we made along the way has been a challenge to me, we met some very special people.  We got very lucky in this adventure and together we our ready for our next.  It's never a farewell but a see you soon to the faces and places that made Manhattan feel more like home. 

At our going away party I remember walking into the pub and all of our friends lined the entire bar and that's when I knew of our impact within the short 5 months.  I hardly scratched the surface of NYC and before I knew it I breathed and my experience was over. 

I am now in the state that grew me and I truly forgot how beautifully peaceful it is here.  There's a certain calmness that Minnesota gives me, perhaps its the lakes or maybe it's the pretty shades of summer.  My mind was still in NYC but my body slowed down to the pace of Minnesota.  There's a pride that comes from living here and that pride has never left me in fact its intensified since I left. 

With London being right around the corner and my life in a constant travel mode I'm truly excited for this next chapter.  Manhattan prepared me for my European adventure and soon this blog will turn into Breaking London and hopefully it will inspire you to adventure more, live with less restriction and to never loss your instinct while exploring new elements of your life's direction whether planned or not. 

Keep you posted and thanks for supporting, coming soon Breaking London..

No comments:

Post a Comment