Wednesday, March 16, 2011

London is Calling..

So it's official we are going to London, crossing the pond to another land I know nothing about.  I fell in love with Manhattan and now we are crossing the pond.  Although this has been in the works for a few months now, its official we move in 2 months.  I am excited, scared and overwhelmed by paperwork but mostly I am thrilled by yet another adventure. 

I'm now used to feeling unsettled, one would think I was committed to someone in the military.  I feel strangely nomadic but ready yet again for change. Of all the lands unexplored, Europe had always sparked my most intense curiosity.  I am so naive about Londen that I thought it was spelt with an e after being corrected that it was in fact an o.  Its all pretty surreal, I don't think much about it although it will approach soon enough.  It will be another challenge that we will do better the second time around.  I have become pretty tame, less excited as I understand now what goes into it. 

Never did I think we would have the backing of a coroporation behind us, never did I think that the foundation would strengthen between us.  The fall is easier now, less doubt more structure between a fairly new couple.  The missing comes and goes and if it wasn't for Skype the longing would be more prominent. 

So we are crossing the pond right before I truly fell in love with this current city.  New York will always be here as will Minnesota.  We made lasting friends here even though it was brief, we ate through this city and got ourselves settled overtime.  Its a bittersweet realization that there is no other place like Manhattan, that you can create anything you want here.  It brings hope that I will go into London with the attitude Manhattan gave me.  I may not have survived London if I didn't give myself to Manhattan first.  Conquering here makes me understand that adaptability is the source to understanding another culture, another place and those "strangers" around me.  I'm more open now, I fight change less and I'm ready for yet another adventure.

London here we come..

No comments:

Post a Comment